Friday, February 5, 2010

Good Bye Captain Mel Berman












An old friend passed away today. Capt Mel Berman a long time Tampa Bay fishing guide and radio and television personality. On the air for almost 25 years every Saturday morning, I awoke most every Saturday morning listening to his show.

I have known Mel now for almost 5 years, he asked me to be on his show several times, although it never worked out, I told him that his show was for the Tampa Bay anglers and that people would not be interested in hearing about my fishing in Alaska or the various techniques we use.

Saw Mel on the water many times and he was always gracious and friendly. We only fished together a couple times and it was a pleasure. He was a very knowledgeable fisherman and loved to share his experience.

Anyway, he will be missed for sure.

Capt Jim Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment