Thursday, September 30, 2010

End of 2010 Season and Adventure Trip Home!

Well the very successful 2010 season at Yes Bay ended and we quickly buttoned up the Lodge, moved all the boats to town and got things squared away for a brand new season next year, make plans now to join me for an Alaska fishing vacation!

As usual I plan a wonderful trip home and this year is no exception. I left the Lodge a few days earlier than planned because we were expecting bad weather and we got it, while I was in the hotel in Ketchikan, the winds blew well over 60 knots with gusts as high as 100 in some places. Oh and also driving rain, so going in to town a little early was a wise decision. I left Ketchikan on the 25th and arrived at a buddies in Kalispell Montana on the 26th - On the 27th we headed down to the Bison Range National Park and then went to see some old mining ghost towns. Then we headed for a full tour of most of Glacier National Park. The weather is perfect with clear blue skies and warm temperatures, perfect for picture taking!!

Here are a few from the trip...

First a prelude to the bad weather in Ketchikan



An Antelope at the Bison Range



And another antelope.



A distant buffalo, they were not very cooperative...although I have a funny one I will post in the next day or so - stay tuned.



This one is a little better...



Self Portrait in a saloon in the old ghost town of Bannack.



A squirrel in Glacier National Park.



Some Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep in Glacier National Park.





A beautiful scene in Glacier National Park.



Some of the fall colors...





Stay tuned for more photos of my trip home...I took a ton and will be posting more everyday or so...

Hope everyone is well...

Capt Jim

1 comment:

  1. Had my picture taken in that same barber chair! And a movie inside the old hotel.

    ReplyDelete