Monday, September 19, 2016

Blog Update - Time for Changes!

As my time in Ohio winds down, I find it time to focus on some changes in my life. I am not getting any younger and it seems my bucket list still has a few missing items.

In April of this year, my United States Coast Guard Captains License expired, so I can no longer operate a boat as a fishing guide. This does not mean I won't continue to fish and maybe even guide, it just means that I won't be operating a boat that requires a Captains License to carry paying customers. Since I love to travel and take pictures, maybe it is time to utilize my photography skills, fishing skills and travel experience to have some fun, generate some revenue and pass along my knowledge. There are still a few places I want to fish and photograph so why not make it a business and check off a few things I still want to do?

Years ago I owned a Tour Company and enjoyed the business and led some wonderful trips - time to do it again and focus on fishing and photography.

Over the next few weeks I will be making some changes to my website and my blog to focus on some photography tours and fishing tours to knock a few items from my bucket list and travel and have some fun.

Today I have a phone call scheduled with a tour company that specializes in photo tours to Africa and they are interested in me leading a trip there, hopefully next year or the following year. More will be decided after the phone call. I will be promoting the trip along with other photo safari's and fishing safari's. This sounds like something I could do for the next couple years along with my own RV travels.

I want to get some photos like these...



I may also plan another Bonefishing Trip...maybe to Andros Island or back to Acklins?





In the meantime here are a few from around the park as the season winds down...(see my reflection in Yogi's nose?)




The new playground at the park!



I am also looking forward to my winter back in Twentynine Palms and will be holding a few day photography trips into Joshua Tree NP - I have contacted a tour company and hopefully will be helping them this winter.

I am also excited about my upcoming trip across country and have stops planned in the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest and also Smokey Mountain National Park for fall colors...

Stay Tuned - the calendars should be here before the end of the month...see everyone at the next LMNM.

Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment