Monday, March 20, 2017

Blog Update - The Desert In Bloom

I have been coming to Joshua Tree now for four years and have been anticipating a desert bloom...well with the drought here in California that has not happened...well it has this year. We have had a cold winter with a bunch of rain and the flowers that lay dormant for years and years are now up and blooming...can't wait for the next few weeks!

I have been remiss in posting on my blog and going out and taking pictures for me - have spent most of the winter doing stuff for the park, which is fun...but now as the park winds down and I am here pretty much alone, I will be in the National Park covering the bloom!


This is the "greenest" I have seen the park!


More pics from today!



The yucca and Joshua Trees are a day or so away from popping!




The hillsides are about to come alive with color!


The cactus are just starting to bloom!



Of course there are always the wonderful sunsets in the park - I love this shot!


End of the month so I dug in the freezer and discovered some boneless chicken thighs and dug out the fry daddy!


They were GREAT!


Stay tuned I promise to get in the National Park more often and take my camera!

Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment