Saturday, June 10, 2017

Disappointing Day - Time to roll with the punches....




At least I can enjoy the sunsets here!

Yesterday I drove the 27 miles each way to Yucca Valley Wal-Mart and picked up the two new tires I ordered...the truck started missing and bucking and loss of power...like I need another issue.

Returned from Wal-Mart and in the evening cool, put on the two new tires, today I needed to take a test run and if good to go then head on down the road, if not put the trailer back in the proper location on my spot. Well, drove about 12 miles down the road and the truck has issues, barely get up to 50 MPH with the trailer on it...so turned around and just got back in my spot and all unhitched and everything hooked back up....looks like Montana is out of the question for the time being and time to either find out what is wrong with the truck or find another truck...

Of course it is a Saturday and my local mechanic is closed so will head there Monday after pulling all the codes and doing some research.

Plenty to do here around the park, so it may be a hot summer in the desert for me...time to spend a late night in Joshua Tree NP and find the milky way...saw it here in the RV park but too much ambient light to shoot it.

If anyone has a 3/4 ton Diesel Truck cheap let me know...

Stay tuned all is well, just a minor set back...life on the road!

Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment