Wednesday, June 5, 2024

The Great Refridgerator Caper & Surprise

I had been wanting a new fridge for the past 4 or 5 months - found one I liked at Home Depot put it in my shopping cart and it stayed there for about 4 months - Lo and Behold just before Memorial Day I get an email saying it was on sale for Memorial Day $200.00 savings - same day I get an envelope in the mail telling me that any appliance purchase over $299. and no interest for 12 months. I figured now or never - re-confirmed the measurments again and hit the order button!


It arrived and lo and behold it was a challenge to get in my small house. The sliding glass doors needed to be removed and then discovered it was too wide to slide down the hallway to the slot in the cabinets, so had to remove the doors. Then it would not fit in the space allotted in the cabinets - I measured the top and not the bottom, there was almost an inch difference between the top measurement and the bottom measurement. So had to remove some screws holding the cabinets and pound it over a half an inch to get it to fit, remove some molding along the sides of the opening and then move the electrical outlet to the back, it was on the right side of the cabinets. Turned out to be a major job, thank goodness for my maintenance crew here at the park!!

Now for the surprise. While unloading my severely overloaded freezer I discovered buried way in the back several Alaska frozen fish from Yes Bay a couple halibut and snapper filets!! I also discovered a package of genuing Katz Deli pastrami! So I decided a nice pastrami on Rye was in order...


A little Rye and Swiss


Some fresh hot pastrami


And Now a pastrami Omelet


Add some eggs


Ready to plate


Time to eat!!



All I can say is make sure you measure twice - love the new fridge! Now to enjoy some Alaskan fish for dinner!



Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest

No comments:

Post a Comment