Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Long Overdue!

Well I finally got up the balls to do something I should have done a long time ago! It is amazing what a dumb ass I can be sometimes!! I know most of you will agree with that statement, but anyway, it is rectified now.

I started on Facebook this past fall when my High School class started planning a reunion, I was badgered into it and have found it quite interesting catching up with some old friends.

Most of you know that I have been married a time or two and the last little foray into matrimony ended in what can only be described as the "War of the Roses"! Sadly the end result was the loss of contact with my stepson, a kid who I helped raise from the time he was about 2 1/2 until he was 18. He was the primary reason I stuck around! Well we both were pretty beat up and hurt by all the legal goings on and we drifted apart, both wondering if the other one still hated the other...

This past Sunday I did a search on facebook to see if he was on there. I knew where he was living and some things about what he was up to, but really decided that it was time to either re-establish contact or get my head handed to me...but worthy of the effort for sure.

Luckily he has grown into a fine successful young man and I guess we both have matured a bunch and have decided to let the water that has already passed under the bridge remain that way. So a few emails with some explaining back and forth and a little update and we are back in contact and it is great!

Will lives in the palm beach area, has a good job and travels a bunch as a management consultant. But more importantly he has a real nice 31 foot Jupiter fishing boat and spends his leisure time diving, spearfishing and hook and line fishing. He just made his first crossing in the boat a few weeks ago to the Bahamas. So I guess all the fishing he did with his Grandfather and I stuck! Check out some of his catches!

Now it looks like he could teach me a thing or two!



So needless to say, I am happy we have hooked back up and hopefully we will continue to stay in touch...looks like a short trip to S Florida will be on my agenda in the fall!

As I said, I should have done this a long time ago, I can be very stubborn sometimes, to a fault!! And who knows, maybe I can convince him a trip to Alaska would be a good thing!


Speaking of which, I will be leaving Florida a week from today to head to Ohio to visit Family and then towards the end of the month on my way to the Lodge. There are still a few spots available for those who have not made their reservations yet, get in touch with Kris at the office and get your dates confirmed! It promises to be a great season!!

Captain Jim
(Professor)

No comments:

Post a Comment