Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blog Update - a Day of household Chores

I have been negligent in my household duties, so today was the day to clean the trailer and do laundry...5 loads including towels and rugs...UGH. It was to be a long day so I figured I would add some comfort food for dinner, so before I started cleaning I dug out the crock pot and made up a batch of my chili....so sauteed onions and ground beef first in the skillet then into the crock pot along with the other ingredients. Recipe below...cleaned the skillet and stove top and fired up the crock pot. Yesterday while shopping and knowing it was going to get cold, I bought the ingredients for chili.

Recipe



This is really a simple but delicious chili...

2 lbs of ground beef - browned in a skillet with fresh chopped onions and a couple cloves of fresh garlic.
After browning put in the crock pot - total time in the crock pot should be about 4-6 hours.
Combine with - 2 cans of Tomato Sauce, 1 large can of diced tomatoes and two cans of kidney beans (drained)
Open the box of Carrol Shelby's Chili Fixins and stir in the chili powder and the package of salt and cayenne pepper.
While cooking stir regularly and about 2 hours into it, stir in about 1/3 cup of sugar. According to directions I like to add the mesa flour about an hour before eating to thicken the chili.

Serve with fresh chopped onions on top and shredded cheddar cheese I also like Oyster crackers.

Enjoy,



Then it was clean the stove...



The floor was a disaster and required serious scrubbing.



After cleaning the floor it was time to put down my new entrance rug - finally found one that fits perfectly!



Time to also show off my new spice rack....



The wind the other day played havoc with the local repeater stations - so TV has been down to about 3 channels!



I have been actively promoting my photographs on Fine Art America. I am excited to be using their services since they offer in-house framing and matting which is new for me and something I think really sets off my photos and makes it easier to sell since my customers get a finished product ready to hang. I am also excited about their print on acrylic which is printed on the back of a sheet of clear lexan plexiglass.

Anyway - I have been playing with some photos and frame and mat combinations. These are lo-resolution so the actual print will be much higher quality...but check out my choices for mats.





























Maybe I should have been a framer....

Stay tuned for more adventures...apologize for highlighting my household chores....if you are interested in some framed prints hit the link upper right for Fine Art America and my galleries.



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment