Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Blog Update - took a break yesterday and tok a few pictures!

My eyes were going crosseyed from staring at the computer working on my High School website and scanning the year book...so I decided a little photo road trip into Joshua Tree National Park was in order. I saw a wonderful print in a restaurant of a Cholla Cactus - but it was unique in that is was a carcass of the plant and the intricate design of the structure behind the cactus, so my goal was to find one and photograph it in black and white.

First a little update on the truck - so far I am very pleased with the new truck - it is like driving a hot rod though, so have to be careful...that big motor and the standard transmission brings back memories of my youth...fun to drive. So far not taking it easy at all I am averaging over 12 MPG and figure if I took it easy could easily get 14 MPG, so I suspect with the trailer I will be at 11 to 12 which will be fine.

I ordered a tonneau cover for the truck and it arrived day before yesterday and I installed it before my photo trip yesterday. I was really impressed with how easy it was to install and how much better this one is from my last one. I ordered a Bestop EZ Fold cover which is way better than the one I had before with all the snaps and needing help to roll the thing up when I was towing, this one is on a metal frame that clamps to the bed and it folds in three sections, so when towing the forward part of the bed where my generator sits will still be covered...I really like it and installation took about 10 minutes once I figured out how the clamps worked to get the tight enough...simple to fold up either way only takes about 2 minutes.

Here it is...



And with it folded up!



Real simple to un-clamp the rear and fold...



OK - Here we go on the photo adventure to Joshua Tree!

What I went to shoot first!





And while waiting for the sunset which never really happened with the color I was hoping for!



And in black and white!



Stay tuned for more photo adventures I need to get some area shots for display in some of the cottages here at the RV Park...so I need to shoot more!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment