Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16th, 2014 - Making Plans to leave 29 Palms

This past Thursday I got the 5th wheel hitch installed in the new truck, Friday I attempted to hitch it up and sadly the bed rails on the truck do not have enough clearance for the trailer to not hit when towing and turning...so it looks like I will be having the 4 inch lift removed from the truck - ordered the parts yesterday and they should be here mid-week and then I will have it done and hopefully ready to travel.

Had a wonderful St Patricks Day dinner in the clubhouse last night, great dinner and live music! Always a fun time.

So today I started selecting my route to leave and be in Salt Lake City by April 19th or so for a doctors appointment on Monday the 21st. I am planning an exploratory trip of about 8 or 9 days. Time to see some sites and take some pictures. Plan to hit Tecopa Hot Springs, Shoshone CA and part of Death Valley then head for one of my favorite places - Valley of Fire State park in Nevada then a quick stop in Mesquite and another in Zions before the drive up 15 to Salt Lake.



Have some plans also for the trip from Salt Lake to Lake Powell, plan to explore Capital Reef NP and probably hit Goblin Valley and a few other locations before arriving in Lake Powell at Bullfrog. Plan to dry camp a night or two in Goblin and also a night or two in Capital Reef...then take an easy trip and maybe stop along the way to Bullfrog!



This is where I will be this summer!









In the meantime - took a drive through Joshua Tree to get the hitch installed and stopped for a few pics.











Stay tuned as I finish things up here in Twentynine Palms and head for my next adventure!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment