Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blog Update - Friday was One of those days!!!

Sometimes mans best plans just go to shit...Friday was one of those days for me.

It starts a week or so ago after getting the hitch installed in the new truck and realizing that the truck sits a little too high to provide the clearance for the overhang on the 5th wheel...so it meant taking the 4 inch lift out of the truck...went to a local mechanic and negotiated a price and he gave me a list of parts to get...

Basically needed 4 large U-Bolts for the back axle and two stock shackles for the front springs.

Well the parts arrived on Tuesday and I arranged to have the job completed Friday - so up early and over to the mechanic - they remove the 4 inch extended shackle on the passenger side front spring and quickly realize the part I ordered did not fit...shit - so punt - put it back together and decide to lower the rear anyway which is the most important to clear the 5th wheel...well we take out the two u-bolts on the drivers side and the 4 inch lift block and quickly realize the u-bolts I had as replacements were the same size as the ones we removed,too long with the lift removed...but the whole friggin thing back together and I drive 40 miles Round trip to NAPA and order the correct U-Bolts - nobody lists the shackles I need for the front to the plan is lower the back to travel and do the front later...parts in Tuesday - mechanic again on Wednesday and hopefully I hit the road after that....

Here is the truck showing the 4 inch lift!



While at the mechanics he has two roadrunners he feeds and one showed up!!







With the delay I may stay a few more days through next weekend and head pretty much straight to Salt Lake City...still plan to stop at Fire Valley if I am feeling well, been a little under the weather lately....major wind storm here today and dust storm so bad I had to close the door on the trailer - sand so fine it blows right through the screen door and I have an inch of fine sand dust on everything...PITA!!!

Stay Tuned!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment