Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Blog Update - Making Plans and more Repairs

This seems to have been the summer of repairs...5 years on the road and the old RV needed some love!

I am now working on the last couple "To Do" items on the list for this summer.

Since I got the trailer the propane heater has not worked properly. The fan motor bearings are shot and the thing sounded like a 747 taking off...and because of that the drain on the battery was intense. So the heater is pulled out and a new motor is on the way, already got a new thermostat. Should be repaired and put back in before the end of the month. Also during the removal the exterior exhaust was destroyed so that part is also ordered.

I fixed the kitchen sink drain leak which has been an issue for the past year or so. New Bathroom sink fixture is now installed and changed the window crank since the new fixture kept that from working properly. One more roof hatch to install along with another cover and the roof stuff will be done.

Travel Plans!

I am in the process of making some short term travel plans and some long term plans.

Short Term!

My plan is to leave Kalispell Montana the end of September and stop in Dillon, MT and meet my good friend Steve Carter for a little fishing on the Beaverhead River at Clark Canyon Ranch...it is an annual event and great fun.

Then head to Salt Lake for a couple days rest and then depart for points South maybe doing a little exploring in New Mexico. I would love to find a place around there for next summer. More on that later! Then ending up back at my winter home in Twentynine Palms, California for another winter of fun!



Long Term!

I have begun searching for a place for next summer - either in Northern Arizona or Southern Colorado or Northern New Mexico. I am considering spending next winter in Florida back in St Pete with my old friends. Nothing for sure yet, but I am investigating. So ideally would like to find something heading East! But not too hot, something in the mountains with good scenery and fishing.

If I could find a place to work in Ohio near Barberton, I would consider spending the summer there, then head down to Florida for the winter? Need a campground that needs a worker in exchange for a site.

No pictures this update - have been busy staying around the trailer and making repairs and getting prepared for my complete physical on the 27th - been studying for the urine test!

I also spent the week upgrading my photo web site on SmugMug and also the one for the Lodge, seems SmugMug upgraded their system and it required a complete rebuild - pain in my ass, but it is finished!

HERE

Here is a pic I changed to simulate an Oil Painting!



Stay tuned for more details and travel plans as they materialize!

Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


2 comments:

  1. Always enjoy the updates and I'm intrigued by your map. Would you mind telling me what mapping program you use? I like the numbered blocks it displays for your stops. I don't know if I ever had your email address, but if I did, I lost it along with several others, including Jim's (I sent him a pm on 4/3rds). Looking forward to reading about your winter travels as you head south and then west. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave - I use Microsoft Streets and Trips for all my route planning and then make a PDF and convert that in Photoshop to a photo for posting - each stop is an overnight in this map - not always an overnight, sometimes just a spot or route I want to take. You can email me by going to my website - www.captainjimlucas.com and finding the email link.

      Delete