Sunday, August 7, 2022

Fry Day!!

 


It was time to try a different version of Jalapeno Poppers.

Years ago in Texas in a little seedy bar in Dallas, I discovered an item called Armadillo Eggs, they were fantastic and long forgotten, but with my new deep fryer, I thought it might be time to recreate Armadillo Eggs. I was reminded the other day watching Diners Drive-Ins and Dives!

So I gathered the ingredients, watched a few You Tube videos on various versions, every Texan has his own recipe. The one that most matched my memory is what I was determined to make.

Made my favorite stuffing!


Cream cheese,, Monterey jack and real bacon bits.

Stuffed the peppers!


Rolled out the sausage!


This did not work real well - bad You Tube suggestion just grab a wad of sausage and roll the pepper in your hand until it is coated, dirty hands but much faster.


As suggested I put these in the freezer for an hour!

Meanwhile pulled out a couple Vidalia Onions and got the onion rings ready!


Mixed up some waffle mix - Thanks Ralph Foore for the suggestion!


Tired and hot rather than get out bread crumbs and make more of a mess, just decided to use the remaining Waffle Batter!

ARMADILLO EGGS - My Version!!


Now the remaining peppers are in the oven!


Now time to sharpen up my Pitmaster Skills.

New outside porch table arrived and set up!


Time to set up my smoker!



Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"


No comments:

Post a Comment