Saturday, November 16, 2013

Blog Update - November 16th - Winter in 29 Palms - Joshua Tree National Park!

I have been remiss in posting here, I have been super busy with my job, with a number of accomplishments under my belt, the past couple weeks.

I am loving the park, the people her are very friendly and I have been making steady headway on my job for the winter. There is still much to be done, but the basics are accomplished and now I can focus on taking some pictures for my own use and for the park and constantly updating the website and new blog I created for the park.

One of my projects was a new map for the park - It has a few revisions left to be made, but for the most part it is complete. And yes it was a PIA to draw all those tiny little rectangles and put the lot numbers in them...



I have also been working on the new website you can see it HERE!

The new BLOG is HERE!

Yesterday I took another drive through Joushua Tree National Park. The landscape is amazing, like being on the moon except you are surrounded by a zillion Joshua Trees...you guys may get tired of seeing photographs of Joshua Trees, but my goal for the winter is to get that ONE shot of a Joshua Tree! You know the one that really stands out. I am afraid I will be making some very early morning and late afternoon ventures into the park. The harsh mid-day light just does not lend itself well to photographs and the clear bluebird skies - need some clouds to add some drama to the shots. More to come as the winter progresses.

On with some pictures!



















There is this sign in town that just begged to be shot for 29 Palms!!



Then I decided to get a little creative....



Always inspired my my good friend and fellow photographer extraordinaire Clyde Butcher I decided to convert a couple to Black and White!





Clyde is a very famous Florida Photographer, back in my commercial printing days in S. Florida we printed a number of prints for him and I have admired his work for years...if you would like to see some of his work - GO HERE! His work is truly amazing he shoots nothing but large format black and white - Old School! he recently made an extended trip out west and some of his stuff is just breathtaking!

The winter is moving along quite nicely, new winter people are arriving in the park daily and the activity list is starting to fill in.

Having fun enjoying the desert....stay tuned for more photos of Joshua Trees!!

FYI - I added a link in the upper right side of the blog to get an email update when I post to the blog...just sign up for email following....

Enjoy,



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment