Monday, November 4, 2013

Blog Update - Beautiful Twentynine Palms in Southern California!

I have taken the past couple days to wind down a little from my long journey. I have traveled almost 10 Thousand miles over the past few months and if I include the flight to and from Ohio - It would be closer to 13 thousand miles. So after my arrival in S. California and my winter retreat, I figured it was worthwhile to get settled in, the trailer squared away and some things put in order before launching into my winter activities.

My winter job is to work in a very nice RV park and work on their internet presence and rebuild their website and add some good photos of the park, the surrounding area including Joshua Tree National Park and photograph the various activities during this winter season at the park. A dream job, doing exactly what I do best.

I will also be working diligently on the Barberton High School Class of 1968 website. I have some great plans to expand it quite a bit and hopefully get more people on the contact list for future reunions and get togethers.

Several people have emailed asking where I am and so I took a walk around the park today and took a few pictures. I am in Twentynine Palms California, two miles from Joshua Tree N.P. in the Twentynine Palms RV Park. It is a beautiful park with all the amenities, indoor pool, sauna, hot tub, tennis courts and right next to a golf course. This is the perfect place to spend the winter.

Here is my RV in my spot #99.



I'm right on a corner - good location!



Across the street!



The clubhouse!





My Street!



The indoor pool - it is huge!



The Hot Tub!



The Sauna!



I have a feeling I am going to have a wonderful winter. Took a drive around town, not much here, but it is nice for a desert town. Good grocery store with a great meat department. Seems to have everything I will need.

Started work today and worked mostly on research, and discussing the current website with the manager and what works and what doesn't. More people are arriving daily, first scheduled activity Wednesday night and a group dinner on Saturday night. Should be fun. Everyone I have met so far has been very nice. I can see why so many people spend the winter here and why we need to get the word out, this park should be full all winter!

Stay tuned, if the weather is nice tomorrow I am going to take my first drive into Joshua Tree!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment