Saturday, January 11, 2014

Blog Update - January 11, 2014 - Desert Zoo Reserve

Made the drive to the Desert Zoo and had a great time even though many of the animals were taking their afternoon nap. Got a late start and didn't get there until later in the day....next time I think I will try the morning.

I still managed a few decent pictures in the fading light and my trip through the zoo was a quick one chasing the fading sunlight.

One shot that I found the most interesting is the receding mountains in the various shades of light...I have always loved the different shades as the mountains fade away into the distance and have found it hard to capture in digital, seems the painters have it easier....but this one came out pretty good.



This is the second time in two days I have seen these similar metal sculptures - need to find out the significance.



On to the animals!







This bird was fairly cooperative and I managed a few shots of him....











And one more of my friendly bird!! He was quite expressive!



More to come back to the Desert Bar today!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

1 comment: