Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Travel Update - Leaving Kalispell down to Dillon and Salt Lake!

The time has come to move on and it was a sad day leaving Kalispell, I have had such a wonderful summer, it was hard to leave the Flinchbaughs made me feel like part of the family and Jim and I had some great adventures and fun. But it was time to leave and so I packed up and hit the road on Thursday the 25th of September with a short trip to the National Bison Range in Moise, Montana a favorite place for pics.

Ready to leave!



My empty spot!



I parked the RV in a wonderful small RV park in Ronan then spent the afternoon at the Range. I managed a few pics.











Some artsy shots!







Friday in the rain I drove down to Dillon to meet my friend Steve for some fishing and photography on the Beaverhead River and it rained and got cold and rained some more so not much fishing or taking pictures...did manage a few!







And finally a small tribute to an old photography friend who made taking pictures of fences famous on a forum I belong to - RIP Bill Turner you are missed!



Shot this as a reminder of all my travels over the past few years! A new book is in the works on my travels and should be published before Christmas - if you want some of my best photos from the past 5 years or so this will be the book to get!



Stay tuned for some fall color shots around the mountains here in Salt Lake - gonna drive the Alpine Loop here in a few days when the weather clears...rain and clouds today!

Next big adventure is Ohio from the 8th to the 27th! See all my old friends then!


Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


No comments:

Post a Comment