Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blog Update - February 1st - non-photo info only!

Figured I would explain my absence for the past couple weeks! Two weeks ago while enjoying my coffee and reading emails in the morning - my coffee cup decided to tip over and dump coffee right on my laptop! Needless to say the laptop died a slow miserable death...took it to a local repair shop and they confirmed it would cost more to fix if it was even possible than a new computer.

So I did some shopping online and locally and found a super deal on Amazon for a Lenovo Think Pad with an Intel I-5 processor and room to transfer the extra ram from my old computer...so it was ordered on payday and arrived here in beautiful 29 Palms on Thursday. I spent some of Thursday getting Windows updated there were 188 updates, took most of the evening! Then Friday morning I realized that somehow all the drivers for the wireless and other accessories were missing and not installed. So Friday I took it to the office and hooked up to the hard wire connection and downloaded the drivers and all was well. Then I set about the task of re-installing all my software took all day and into the evening!

Luckily, I managed to get the hard drive out of the old laptop and put it in a USB Case and had access to all my files, which made things much easier.

I am back up and running!!

During this whole mess the manager here at 29 Palms RV Resort decided to make a quick exit and the owners asked me to fill in until a new replacement arrives next week. So I have basically been spending everyday working in the office and chasing down problems (maintenance issues) in the park! I will be filling in this whole next week!

It sure helps with a paycheck to pay for the new computer and other various expenses! Remember the lens purchase that was also out of my government check for this month! So short again for February! All is well now though.

Sadly I have not been out to take any pictures, but now that the computer is back up and running, the next clear night I will be in Joshua Tree National Park shooting some more star trails!

LIKE THIS!



Stay Tuned for more of these!

Last night I made 4 dips from my good friend KIMO'S DIPS! Click HERE they are great! For the Super Bowl Party in the clubhouse today!

This morning I put meatballs in the crock pot with my own special secret sauce and they will be ready by 3!


Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


1 comment:

  1. Too bad about the computer, but it sounds like things turned out okay. We've never been through 29 Palms, maybe we should consider it one of these days. Seems a little desolate though. The star shots are amazing.

    ReplyDelete