Saturday, February 28, 2015

Blog Update - Winter activities and Spring Plans

February has been a busy month - the busiest month of the year in the RV Park, with numerous activities and plenty to keep me busy taking pics for the Park and updating the Park Blog. I have been remiss in updating my own blog...

So, I decided today was the day to update my activities. The past couple weeks I have been seriously busy trimming down the list of images for the gallery showing on the 24th of April at Nine Muses in Barberton. I am really looking forward to the opportunity and selecting the photos and staying within my budget it a huge challenge. More on that a little later in the post....

Can-Am Challenge- every year there is a golf challenge in the park the Canadians vs the Americans it is a big event and covers 2 days with 4 separate tournaments - 2 each day, morning and afternoon. Last year I struggled with how best to cover this event and this year decided to try something different, even though the golf is important, more important are the people, so I decided to shoot the "Faces" of the tournament. So armed with my new lens I was able to maintain a distance from the subjects and shoot candid portraits without them even knowing they were being shot. It turned out to be a huge success and some fantastic pictures, which I feel captured the fun and camaraderie of the event!

FACES!













Thursday a group of people headed off to Landers, California - 30 minute drive to one of the largest Orchid Farms in the United States - what an amazing collection of Orchids and a wonderful tour. I put on my macro lens for some colorful closeups...









Back to the Gallery Showing...



These are ordered and on their way to Ohio on metal for display!













I have my airline reservations made and tickets purchased - will be in Ohio - arriving on the 17th of April and departing on the 29th. I will be flying from Salt Lake.

When I return to Salt Lake I will head to Montana and put the RV in storage at my buddies house and then get ready to head to Yellowstone for the summer....I am excited to spend my summer among the animals and fish on Yellowstone Lake!

The Adventure Continues Stay Tuned!

Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


3 comments:

  1. I live in Alaska and believe me I am not a proponent for Pebble Mine nor drilling in the Beaufort Sea. I accidently found your blog while looking for a manual for my 2005 Fleetwood Wilderness 5th wheel. I'm going on 75 and decided I needed to get out there before I dropped dead. Fancy hotels aren't my first thought. I believe you only go around one time and I have a lot to see and do. Your pictures are beautiful and I hope you have offered some of them to National Geographic or other nature magazines. Your RV is small like mine (30ft) and since I'm a new RV'er I thought this was a good starter rig. Perhaps I will see you on the road. I'll be the lady with the metal detector looking for treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Trish - maybe we will cross paths someplace...but mine is WAY Smaller - 18.5 5th wheel - overall it is right at about 20 feet - but planning on a bigger one this year!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete