Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Blog Update - On the Road...

Well, time to travel after a wonderful winter in Twentynine Palms, California. I hitched up on Thursday morning the 9th of April and headed North towards my good friends house in Salt Lake City. The drive across the Mohave was uneventful and hit I-15 mid-day. Drove on up to Scipio Utah and stopped for the night in a rest area.

Quiet cold night, then the short 100 mile drive in to Salt Lake City, arrived by 10:30 or so in the morning, got the trailer in the driveway and un-hitched before lunch. Then settled in on a beautiful sunny warm day.

Got caught up on the events of the winter with my good friend Steve Carter and pulled out some Alaskan Yelloweye Snapper to throw on the grill. Nice warm weather, perfect spring weather.

Got the camera out and shot some beautiful blooming trees in the back yard.







Chased a nice bluebird around the yard and managed one decent picture...



Not much planned for this week, except pack and get ready for my flight on Friday to Ohio. All of a sudden the weather report calls for a "Winter Storm Warning"??? So batten down the hatches and turn on the heater in the RV and wait....very strong winds yesterday and a 40 degree drop in temperature in 4 hours - 76 to 34...and then the snow started....







Only supposed to last through today and warm up tomorrow and be decent by the time I fly on Friday...so all is well!

I am very excited about the trip to Ohio and the Gallery showing of some of my photography on the 24th of April. I look forward to all my Ohio friends who have promised to be at the opening Friday evening the 24th.

Here is a link to the photos which will be on display at Nine Muses Art Gallery! HERE!

Stay Tuned for more details!

Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


No comments:

Post a Comment