Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Fall has arrived and Plans for heading South

Well the leaves are turning and the mornings are getting chilly - bright sunny and warm fall days so won't leave until around the 4th of October - have some more Doctor's appointments - MRI today!

One more major repair project to complete on the truck - fuel pump is dying so need to drop the fuel tank and get that replaced - should be done in the next week or so....

I have spent the last couple days working on a proposed route South - want to check off a few more National Parks and other scenic places for some pictures...

Route - not a very good map picture??



Highlights!

1. My friends house in Kalispell - where I am now!
2. Dillon, Montana for a few days of fishing with my friend Steve Carter!
3. Craters of the Moon National Monument for a couple nights - remote camping!
4. My friend Steve Carters house in Salt Lake for a few nights - not sure yet how long!
5. Scipio - a fuel stop on my way to Moab
6. Moab and a quick visit to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks a couple nights
7. Mesa Verde National Park - a couple nights remote camping
8. Teec Nos Pos - Navajo Indian Reservation and 4 Corners Monument
9. Gallup New Mexico USA RV PARK - 1 night for a little rest and relaxation
10. El Morro National Monument 1 night remote camping
11. and 12. Petrified Forest National Park & Painted Desert - 1 night remote camping.
13. Homolovi State Park & Ruins - 1 or 2 nights remote camping
14. Standin on the Corner in Winslow Arizona - a quick stop!
15. Revisit to a past winter RV Park - Blake Ranch RV Park in Kingman AZ - 1 night
16. Amboy - a fuel stop
17. Twentynine Palms RV Resort and my winter home!

Trip recap - 2037 miles - Tentative 15 day trip - 32 hours of driving time!

I am excited to make this trip and if it goes as planned will arrive in Twentynine Palms around the first week of November. Should probably spend a week or so in Salt Lake and visit some good friends. Now that the camper is better suited to camping without electricity with the new batteries many of my nights will be in campgrounds on Forest Service lands and National Parks without facilities - a few RV Parks sprinkled in for water and recharge or I will run the generator.

I took some fall pictures and plan on many more on my trip South.











My favorite!







My new sign in Daylight!



Always under the watchful eye of Clyde!



Stay tuned more adventures on the way!

Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


No comments:

Post a Comment