Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Time to travel - Glacier NP and fall colors!

Now that the truck has a new fuel pump - thanks to Dustin Martell and Jed Shue!! I decided after running errands yesterday to take a drive into Glacier NP and shoot a few pictures...

It was a beautiful day - warm, clear skies and almost not wind...truck ran great and it is itching to travel - more on that later...

First some pics from today! Damn I love Montana!!!!

















River Rocks - Lake McDonald (these are underwater - yes it is that clear!





Color through the shadows!





Lake McDonald Panorama - 6 shots - little smoky and hazy today!



The Plan

Tomorrow will be clean the RV and get it ready to travel. Friday I will finish packing the truck up and probably go ahead and hitch up. Plan to leave Kalispell on Saturday and head a few hundred miles down to Dillon, MT to meet my good friend Steve Carter for a few days of trophy trout fishing on the Beaverhead River from the Clark Canyon Ranch! Will more than likely fish for 3 days or so, plan to leave there on Thursday the 8th and drive over to Craters of the Moon National Monument. Spend two nights there and take a few pictures and then on down to Salt Lake City and park in Steve's Driveway - right in front of the NO CAMPING SIGN!

Not sure how long I will stay there, long enough to help Steve with a few chores and see my other Salt Lake friends.

Then heading to Moab and then four corners and Mesa Verde then El Moro and the petrified forest and Painted Desert then on to Twentynine Palms - planning to arrive there around the 10th or so of November. I plan to put some miles on the camera in these wonderful scenic places so stay tuned.

Medical Shit!

I have been feeling pretty darn good now that the morons got my meds squared away - heart is in great shape according to the sonogram and so is the arteries that feed my kidneys so no issues.

Guess I'll live a little while longer!

Stay tuned there will be some great pictures and stories on my way South!

Thanks for following along!

Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


No comments:

Post a Comment