Sunday, October 25, 2015

Old Friends and Belated Birthday Surprise

One of the main reasons I stop in Salt Lake City every time I travel North and South is to hook up with a couple old friends, this time was even more special!

26 years ago I moved from Miami to Salt Lake City and went to work at K/P Graphics where I met two life long friends, Steve Carter and Lynn Hewitt. They have both become like family. In the years I lived in the Salt Lake area I watched and enjoyed Lynn and Donna's family grow and now they are adults, my how time flies.

Last evening we all got together, Steve and I headed down to Lynn's daughters house for a get together with my extended family. Laurel, Julie and Will were all there and it was great to catch up. We had a wonderful time reminiscing about old times and catching up on everyone's current status. Then we all enjoyed a great meal and they surprised me with a belated Birthday Cake for my 65th!

We had steak on the Smoker / Grill - shame I only captured what was left.



Steve and Lynn in some conversation!



And Laurel made a special cake for the "Old Man"...





Laurel figured I needed one more chance at seeing a nice pair of boobs in a bikini!

During my stay in Steve's driveway - right in front of the "NO CAMPING" Sign I have taken some photos of the flowers and leaves in Steve's back yard.











Wednesday I will continue my journey South leaving some more great friends behind until the next time! It's just part of my wandering lifestyle, but great times and a promise to return someday.

BTW - They know what is important - Great gifts - a bottle of Boodles and 4 cans of Spam!

Thanks for following along and stay tuned for more adventures!

Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


No comments:

Post a Comment