Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Little Man - Favorite Song

The past couple days I have been working at securing a workkamp position in Ohio for the summer 2016. The time I spent in Barberton at my Gallery Showing convinced me that it may be time to spend some time there and renew some old friendships (Torment Michael Sigal and Ralph Foore) and photograph some of my history. Since I travel with my home on my back, why not! Just need to find a place where I can do a little trade work for a place to park my camper. So far the response has been real good and I expect to have something nailed down in the next month or so. Negotiating with a Park near Wooster and another in Spencer...both need web design work and summer help! I am hoping for the one near Wooster just a website rebuild the one near Spencer (Out past Chippewa Lake) has no website at all so mailed them a letter. They certainly need help the most as far as a website goes....we shall see, probably won't have anything nailed down anytime soon.

Part of the reason for heading that way, I am very seriously considering spending next winter back in Florida - seeing some friends and spending time in St. Petersburg. I also want to visit some friends around the State and my son in West Palm Beach - a new grandbaby will be there! Also time to go back and fish with a few friends. I don't want to spend the summer there so the idea was to find something on the way back towards Florida.

Why not Ohio and kill two birds with one stone.

Everytime I hear the song "Little Man" by Alan Jackson it reminds me of home. It is one of my favorite songs so I am reminded often. I really like Alan Jackson and found this wonderful video on You Tube which pretty much explains it all. Watch real close there is one old man who seriously resembles Michael Sigal!



Enjoy the video and song it is very good!

So what is happening right now?

I am still in Kalispell - I was supposed to leave Saturday the 3rd but waiting for a check to be deposited (that was supposed to happen on the 1st or 2nd) so I have traveling money. The fuel pump ruined my budget, now the check is delayed - so I missed meeting up with my good friend in Dillon for some fishing. Thank goodness I don't give a shit anymore or I would be really pissed and my blood pressure would be through the roof! I hate when a plan falls apart. Still not happy but trying to make the best of it! Not much else I can do. Gotta have plenty of gas money! So, I am sitting here listening to my ears ring and taking it easy!

I am using the time to make some longer term plans and re-route my trip South and figured why not contact some places for next summer and see how that goes.

Health shit seems to finally be resolved - new meds are working good, blood pressure is in control and I am feeling great. All reports are pretty good for someone 65 years old...

Trip South will now be direct from here to Craters of the Moon for a few days and then down to Salt Lake for a while then continue my planned trip South with a few longer stops at some of the more scenic places. Trying to arrive in 29 Palms around the 10th - 15th of November.

Fall is still happening which is nice! I got that going for me!















Stay tuned I will let you know when I hit the road....all is well! Just about time for a beer and some Alan Jackson Music...

Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


No comments:

Post a Comment