Friday, November 13, 2015

Blog Update - Making my winter home a little more homey!

I am now fully settled in my new spot in Twentynine Palms RV Resort and busy making things a little better. Outside and inside. This seems to be the year of upgrades to the little RV.

For my RV Followers!

I have been frustrated for several years with the exhaust fan over the stove - it is loud and noisy and does not move much air - and I have had to replace the motor twice. It is also a battery eater when not plugged in. A few weeks ago while shopping on Amazon a vent fan showed up in my suggested products - mostly RV Stuff. I did some more searching and found exactly what I was looking for - a reversible fan that fits in my ceiling vent. It is actually designed to replace the small inefficient bathroom fan which already has 12 volts to it and fits the standard vent opening perfectly. I never use my bathroom fan and it is fine as it is but wanted to install in the main salon area over the middle of the trailer. This vent had no fan or electric to it, just a roof vent that cranks open to allow air in and heat to rise out.

I ordered the fan that was reversible so I could have incoming or more important exhaust when cooking. It arrived day before yesterday and that was my project for the day. I had to do a little more work than required since I had to tap into an overhead light nearby for 12 volts for the fan. I removed the interior trim and undid the light fixture found the junction connectors to the electric in the ceiling and drilled a hole in the vent frame and fished new wires through and tied them into the supply. The whole installation took less than and hour.

So Now I have a wonderful quiet exhaust fan in the overhead vent!



I also ordered a set of 10 solar lights to put outside around my site - pleasantly surprised at the amazing light pattern they create. My site is now much nicer at night.





And the perfect compliment to my sign I got earlier this year!



Big day today - going to make the 15 mile drive to Wal-Mart in Yucca Valley to pick up my prescriptions.

Stay tuned for more activities and projects!

Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


No comments:

Post a Comment