Monday, December 26, 2016

Blog Update - Christmas 2016 and a recipe

I have been keeping pretty busy getting things settled in the new RV - love it so far and only found a couple things that need repair. I have to order a few things to get several things fixed - parts are on the way.

The filter holder on the ceiling A/C is broken - new part ordered.
The smoke detector is broken - will get one at Wal-mart!
One door latch is broken - will get at Home Depot.
Yesterday I discovered the sink was leaking into the silverware drawer - tightened up the drain and all is well, had to wash all the silverware and let the drawer dry out, but all fixed!

Christmas Eve I decided a big dinner was in order so stuffed some peppers and foiled up an onion with butter and seasoning and seasoned a nice big steak - fired the Camp Chef up just as it started to rain (UGH), thankfully it only sprinkled for a little while.

Nice Steak!


Stuffed Jalapeno's


Ready to eat!


Had a wonderful dinner...everyone keeps asking for my recipe for my famous Dressing.

Here is goes...
I buy one bag or box each of Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing and Herb Stuffing - two boxes total
Two tubes of Bob Evans Ground Sausage
Sliced mushrooms - usually one package
Three or four celery stalks - chopped
Two onions chopped
1 full stick of real butter
I full container of chicken broth - I use the lo salt version!

I saute the sausage and onions, mushrooms and celery in a large skillet with the stick of butter!


After the above is cooked to completion - I scrub the sink real good, put in the stopper and dump in the two packages of dressing cubes. Then I dump in the contents of the skillet and mix with a large wooden spoon. I add the chicken broth until it is a nice moist consistency.

Scoop it all out of the sink and put in a large casserole dish and bake at 350 for about 1.5 hours or so, you can also heat on high in your crock pot for an hour then on low for about 3 hours. Load the casserole or crock pot loosely do not pack down. If making in the crock pot you can use less liquid or remove the lid for the last hour or so.


Needless to say it comes out great and always gets rave reviews...

Stay tuned for more fun in the New Year!



Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment