Sunday, December 11, 2016

New Home - Slowly but Surely getting settled

I am slowly getting things put away and settled in my new home. Still plenty to do, but I keep moving forward and very happy with my new home.

Got most of the couch cleared off and still a few things to find a place for. I will have to spend the rest of the winter getting some storage totes and small containers to separate things and make things more ready to travel. Looks like a few trips to Dollar Store and Wal-Mart for some storage ideas.

I actually have several "Walls" to hang some pictures. Had one from Wendy Johnson that I have been carrying around for the past 5 years or so and one of my Dad.

Pictures hung - still a few more to go today!


One more laundry basket full to stow today then the couch will be clear!


An Alaska Memory - Coffee maker and Boodles comfortable on the back counter!


My indoor/outdoor Thermometer hung with care - note recorded low 32 degrees!


Nice having a real furnace and thermostat!


Interesting story - yesterday I pulled up the settee cushions in the Old RV and removed a few things stored there, I had two plastic totes with dividers which held nuts, bolts screws and some other hardware which I had been dragging around for the past 7 years or so. The bathroom door in the new trailer had a bent striker plate and would not latch all the time...lo and behold - there were three new ones in the storage totes...so that got repaired yesterday.

Still enjoying the wonderful Desert Sunsets!


Stay Tuned still lots of winter fun in the desert!

Capt. Jim - "The Wanderer"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment