Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 23rd - Yes Bay Lodge Fishing Report

Last day for the big group of people in the Lodge and a fine day it was...fishing was pretty darn good and the weather was perfect, mostly clear skies with bright sunshine, warm temperature and light winds for most of the day...lumpy a couple times during the day but always fishable..

Lots of pics from this group and some award winning fish...the group had a little tournament going, largest King Salmon, Largest other salmon and largest yellow eye snapper and of course it came down to the last day, with all of the leaders losing their spot at today's weigh-in...I'll try to identify the winning fish.





Here's the winning Yellow Eye - 11.4 pounds...













I believe the largest other salmon a chum is in this bunch!






The largest King salmon a 26 plus pounder...





This was a great group of people many had been here before but as always there were several new faces in the group and everyone had a great time and all left with a nice box of fish to remember their stay at Yes Bay, although I am sure it will not be soon forgotten...

You know, I have been to well over 5 county fairs, a gay rights parade and an all black rodeo and I have never seen anything like this...



Several of the guests from my boat decided that a good fun joke was in order, so they set about to leave me a gift I would not soon forget...still not sure what it all means, but they had their fun...

A great time and great fishing at Yes Bay Lodge in SE Alaska...

Capt Jim
(Professor)

No comments:

Post a Comment