Friday, November 28, 2014

Blog Update - Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is always a great day for me and a busy one here at the Park also a day to reflect on the many, many great Thanksgiving Days of past with my family and the joys of remembering those days is one of the things I am most Thankful for.

Now I am Thankful for my health, my family, my friends and followers, my RV and Park friends, my wonderful Yes Bay Friends, my cameras and the ability to share my camera views with my friends while I travel and play.

I have much to be Thankful for!

Enjoying life is so much more important than material things! My little home gives me everything I need and my friends make it all worthwhile.

Still playing with Star Trails! This is my first test of the rocky landscape in Joshua Tree. I plan on many more this winter!



Now on to my busy Thanksgiving Day!

Same as last year, I volunteered to bring my famous sausage dressing which is a little time consuming to prepare. I saute onions, celery, fresh mushrooms in butter then brown the sausage - this gets added to two bags of Pepperidge Farm stuffing - one bag of cornbread and one bag of seasoned. Then it all gets mixed together in the sink - since I really don't have a pan big enough to mix well. Add some seasoning then place in my large crock pot bowl and bake in the oven for about 1.25 hours at 350!



I wanted to add a little bit of Alaska this Thanksgiving so I dug out a full filet of Smoked Silver Salmon and prepared to make some smoked salmon deviled eggs. Add that to a nice tray with the remaining part of the filet of smoked salmon. Thanks Nicky Martinez - Hack the chef at the Lodge for the recipe.

A dozen eggs cut and peeled and washed!



A concoction of salmon, egg yellow, mustard, relish, mayo and a few secret ingredients and it was complete!



Throwaway serving tray with a bed of lettuce and it was ready for the group!



The dressing ready for the oven!



Dishes finished and ready for some Turkey!



At about noon I walked up to the clubhouse to deliver the salmon tray and put in the large fridge in the kitchen. I was also planning to watch and record the last turkey coming out of the fryer!

Damn that Looks Good!



Cleaned up and back for our dinner - we had a great turn-out!



The food line seemed endless with all the trimmings!



Plenty of Turkey - there were 4 - two deep fried and two oven roasted!



I hope all my friends and followers had just as much fun and companionship as I had!

Stay Tuned for more adventures from my little home to yours! My calendars have been printed and shipped and I should have them this coming week to send out to those who have purchased! You can still place your orders!

You can see it here!

Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


No comments:

Post a Comment