Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Blog Update - Star Trails and new Calendar

I finally was able to spend some time and process a series of photos I took earlier this summer - you may recall the "Big Dipper" picture well when I was shooting that I shot a ton of images and learned the technique to merge all those many shots to create the star trails I was searching to do.

In the meantime to further enhance my equipment list and give me the ability to do more star trails without having to stand there and take 90 pictures one at a time - I bought a "Intervalometer" which is a sophisticated timer for the camera...it can be programmed to take multiple shots, with several options - delay before 1st shot - delay between shots - length of exposure and finally the number of shots to take. It was like programming the clock on a friggin VCR - since it is made in China and the instructions were written by a non-english speaking person and translated...but last night I went out to shoot the sunset and learn to use the timer. It is radio controlled so I can set the camera up on a tripod and then go back to the truck and relax in the warmth and press the button and it will shoot the series of shots that are programmed into the timer...pretty slick. Well it works and once I figured out the programming it is a piece of cake!

I am pleased with the results. Here are some pics!

First the revised shot I took this past summer at Noxon Reservoir!



Shot from Last night!



The sunset last night!



As my Facebook friends already know I have created a calendar for 2015 and it is available for sale - you can purchase it HERE! The specs for the calendar for my printer friends are as follows - It will be a flat size of 8 1/2 X 11 and a hanging size of 11 inches wide by 17 inches tall - printed on 80# gloss cover and plasticoil bound and pre-drilled to hang. The pictures will be above the months - I am not going to show all the month pages here just the image pages!

Here are the page images from the calendar!









All the months are included but I am only going to show the image pages....

























I would like to sell about 35 of these and so far about 20 are sold, so if you want one hit the link above and you can purchase through PayPal... or HERE! Stay Tuned!

Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


No comments:

Post a Comment