Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Home for the winter - Twentynine Palms RV Resort and Joshua Tree NP!

Last Wednesday I left Pahrump NV and made the 208.1 mile trek across the Mojave Desert - a very lonely and desolate place and an interesting drive. Landed at the Twentynine Palms RV Resort about mid-afternoon - plenty of time to get settled and then head for the Weekly Wednesday evening Happy Hour! Glad to be back with friends..

You will note on this journey not many towns to pass through and I think I counted about 5 or 6 houses along the way! Not a place for the faint hearted and certainly no place you want to have car trouble!



After spending a few days getting settled - outdoor kitchen set up etc, I decided yesterday with the beautiful clouds in the sky to take a drive through Joshua Tree National Park and shoot a few pictures!

On with the pics!





Stopped at Skull Rock!





Got creative with the old sun through the trees shot! And converted to black & white!











Been using the Camp Chef quite regularly and love it...gets plenty hot!









The Southern California Sunsets can be beautiful - need to take my chair and camp out in Joshua Tree and get some good shots!



Went to California DMV and struck out on getting a corrected title without paying the exorbitant vehicle sales tax so now going to track the dealer where I bought the truck down and make him provide a corrected title - that is my project for the rest of the week.

Also trying to figure out my new Intervalometer Time Lapse Remote Control for my camera so I can start spending some evenings in the National Park shooting some star trail shots and long time exposures! My goal today is to get it programmed and try a couple shots here in the campground. It is like setting the clock on your VCR or digital watch...with instructions written by a Chinese national trying to learn English!

Wish me luck! and Stay Tuned...

Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!


No comments:

Post a Comment