Thursday, October 1, 2009

Is THIS Fun???

Sunday September 27th, 2009.

Prince Rupert to Prince George

aboard VIA Rail Canada!


OK - $50.00 to the first person who sees Godzilla and removes the little doll she is sticking needles in and destroy it!! This must be some kind of hex the woman is putting on me.


I awoke in wonderful downtown Prince Rupert after a fairly restful sleep and went to the lobby of the hotel for coffee, but not after scaring the beJesus out of myself when I attempted to look in the mirror.


Along with the left eye being blackened by a head butt from a drunken Irishman, I now have some sort of infection in the OTHER eye which has caused it to swell as well and it is nearly shut!

See PIC!!


So, needless to say, I am not going to have to worry about people wanting to sit beside me on the train!


Made the train station on time, boarded the train, laid claim to my seats and settled in for a 10 hour ride to Prince George.


There is no way I can describe the scenery you pass on this trip. It would be very difficult to sleep on this trip as you just don’t want to close your eyes for a minute for fear you will miss something, even with my swollen eyes it was constant beauty passing by the window. Train ran right on schedule, served hot coffee and tea and other snacks for reasonable prices and the seats were comfortable.


One more day of traveling until Jasper, made two stops today which allowed us to get off the train for a few minutes at each station which was interesting, since these stations are literally in the middle of nowhere!


You will have to stay tuned for a book I will be publishing and also a link to my smug mug site when I process and load up some of the pictures I took along the way.


Enjoy,


More on the trip tomorrow as I make the next leg to Jasper.


Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment