Monday, June 17, 2013

Haines Alaska Update - catching up after a couple days! June 17, 2013

I have been a little remiss in my updates, have been busy the past couple days with some great times and some unbelievably hot weather, yesterday was bright sunshine and blue skies and mid-80's! It was HOT! But perfect weather for our first Dungenous Crab Potluck Dinner at the campground!! What a great time and great crab!!

I have been in many RV Parks and you rarely have he opportunity to meet your fellow campers, not here, the potluck last night and crab dinner was a great mixer with over 25 people enjoying the beautiful scenery and wonderful food and conversation. A great time was had by all.

Here are a few pics from the past couple days and last night...have some videos at the bottom as well!

People just relaxing enjoying the view!









The Crab Feast!



A big group!



Now some fun - I bought a GoPro video camera and I am trying to learn to use it...it is an amazing little camera and I intend to get better at using it...but I put two short videos together from a couple days going up two of the rivers around here in a skiff with a nice jet drive outboard on it...the scenery was amazing.

Day 1 - hand held camera



The Crash from yesterday - tested different settings and not as clear but tested mount on front of boat which is nice!



Stay tuned as my great summer continues...I love Haines Alaska just may have to make this my new home base!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest

No comments:

Post a Comment