Friday, August 16, 2013

Update - August 15th, 2013 - Summer is almost over!

My summer in Alaska is quickly winding down as it is Friday and I will be driving out of Haines on Monday morning if all goes as planned. The weather has turned today with rain and overcast conditions, I hope it clears up for my drive South to Montana.

Last evening I took another run out to see the bears and was rewarded with a few shots. Sadly I could not get as close as I would have liked they had the area near the fish weir closed off!

First I saw the same Momma bear I have been seeing all season, she is collared and easy to recognize.



Then further down the road by the weir I got this guy fishing!



This one is for you Greg Lantz - got him with the fish in his mouth!





Captured a nice commercial fishing boat in front of the campground!



And for those preparing to follow my journey South here it is!



My trip will take me from Haines back to Haines Junction and the Alaska Highway East past Whitehorse, then after Teslin I will head South on the Cassiar Highway, making a stop in Stewart Canada and Hyder Alaska to check out the bear watch there. Then continue South and East to Prince George and then on the Jasper, Alberta and the Ice field Parkway then drop on down to Eureka Montana for the border crossing and then spend some time with my good buddy in Kalispell!

Final winter plans are still fluid, but I am working on a job in Zions in Southern Utah for a couple months then maybe on down to Mesa AZ for the remainder of the winter.

Stay tuned for the trip South, Should be a great adventure!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I always enjoy them! Looks like you have a great trip planned.

    ReplyDelete