Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer is winding down...August 7th, 2013

Took a trip this afternoon out to Chilkoot State Park in search of bears in the river and I was rewarded with Momma Bear fishing for salmon right by the fish weir. Her baby was up in the woods out of the way and she kept an eye out for anyone even beginning to get close to the woods.

She was a little anxious when I got between her and her baby!



Once she realized I was not a threat she went back to fishing!



Soon she got one!



She made sure I got a picture of it....



Time to chow down for dinner!



I got back to a full camp and a bunch of people enjoying the view and dinner at the park!



My plans have finally started to come together for my trip back to the lower 48. I am leaving here on Tuesday the 20th of August and then heading back up to the Alaska Highway then hang a right turn and drive down the Cassiar Highway and end up in Jasper, Alberta and the Canadian Rockies for some leisure time before getting to Kalispell Montana for some rest and relaxation.

Stay tuned for the drive South, I will be passing some amazing scenery, plan to stop in Stewart and Hyder for some more bear watching! I will probably take a few pictures!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment