Thursday, June 12, 2014

Blog Update - June 12th, 2014 - Sometimes things are meant to be!

I sometimes question my decisions, however many times I realize that there is a higher force driving my decisions! This week has been a perfect example.

I had a couple minor health issues which helped me make the decision to leave Lake Powell, so I packed up and headed to Salt Lake City and stay at my good friend Steve Carters place for a few days and rest and see if everything was OK. I arrived on Friday the 6th of June with plans to leave on Tuesday after resting and having a few tests done.

The other force!

Monday morning Steve and I were just finishing coffee and he was testing out his new IPhone - asked me to call him and make sure it was working correctly and while standing less than 10 feet away from me - suddenly collapsed! Of course I jumped up to see if he was alright and he was out cold...training kicks in, check breathing and pulse and quickly realized I would NOT have to do CPR, but he was slow to come around, I had my phone in hand and was just about to dial 911 when he started to come around, a minute or two later he was up and walking around however had some severe short term memory loss. Had no idea he had just passed out, so into the car we went and spent the next 5 hours in the ER! The docs could find nothing wrong, but put him on a heart monitor to wear at home for the next 48 hours. Had that removed yesterday - needless to say, I did not leave on Tuesday I was staying until I made sure that Steve was OK! I think there was a reason for me to be here! It scared the shit out of me, thought for a minute he had gone toes up!

I had some things checked as well and will get some further tests when I get to Kalispell.

In the meantime my other host "Tootsie" made some picture opportunities!







And her friend the "Bluebird"









Steve has been fine since his incident on Monday so I am heading further North to my good friends in Kalispell, Montana later this morning. The heart monitor was removed yesterday and the results sent to his Doctor who he has an appointment with on Monday and hopefully they can figure out what the issue may have been.

As for me, it looks like my foot may be an issue and will be seeing a podiatrist in Kalispell and also want to have a good check-up with a heart Doctor due to my family history - no real issues, but time for a thorough check.

Stay tuned for updates on the road - I will be in Dillon tonight and then on up near Kalispell tomorrow. May stop at the Bison Range weather permitting.

Thanks for following along!

Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"


Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!




No comments:

Post a Comment