Monday, June 16, 2014

Blog Update - settled in for the summer - Kalispell

Well, I arrived at my friends Saturday mid-morning and got settled in for a while.

Trailer is parked in my old spot and got electric strung and finally found a spot where the sat dish could get a clear signal - that was a challenge.

Great News today - you may recall when my tonneau cover blew off the back of the truck when I was camped in Fruita in Canyonlands National Park - well I had asked the company Bestop to replace it and they agreed, after I sent them pictures of the part that failed and what was left of the top!! Hoowever, I had discovered that when the top was in the folded position I could not see the hitch in the bed of the truck to hitch up the fifth wheel and it was a pain to get in and out of the truck twenty times to line up, so I asked the company if they would replace it with the roll up model. They told me that they had to replace with the like kind...I did not argue, figured I would get the new one and sell it on Craigslist and then buy the roll up one...but I missed the delivery of the first replacement and it got returned - I contacted Bestop and they could not re-route the shipment so sent another one to the address here in Montana. When it arrived today I discovered this shipment was the roll-up model - very pleased with Bestop - great company, great products and they stand behind them and offer fantastic customer service!! If you need a tonneau for your truck or a top for a jeep - buy from Bestop!!

No fancy pictures today - but here are a few!

The new tonneau!!



Camper Location! Nice and shady!



Sat Dish location - on the roof of the shop! Yep, had to build a platform!



I have certainly gone from one extreme to the other 107 degrees in S Utah and now have a winter storm warning for the mountains here around Kalispell and could see 2 feet of snow in the passes...Ironically the road crews just reached the summit parking lot from the west side on the Going to the Sun Highway and was hoping to get it open in a few weeks....that may be delayed, they are still plowing the parking lot up there and the East side of the road! They have about 15 feet of snow up there on the roads!! And more to come on Thursday!

Planning a week or so get-away to the North Fork of the Flathead river around the 4th of July with Jim and some other friends - going to float the river and do some fishing and should get some good pictures!

Stay Tuned - More to come!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment