Saturday, September 14, 2013

Blog Update - September 14th - Yes Bay Fishing!

I finished with the large group which left the Lodge today and had a spectacular time - with great fishing and a great group of people! Now my best friend Tom Halinski gets here in the morning and we will fish for 4 days or so! Should be a blast! Just hope the bite stays as strong as it has been!

The highlight of this groups fish was a beautiful 30.7 pound King Salmon. I just had to get a picture of me with this beautiful fish!



To recap my fishing with this group -
Day one - Morning limit of 12 silver salmon and two nice small halibut in the afternoon!
Day two - Big King and two nice silvers in the morning - then one silver in the afternoon!
Day Three - 12 nice silver salmon in the morning and a nice rock fish in the afternoon!
Day four - Only one hour of fishing in the morning and got 3 nice large silver salmon!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Today I scrubbed all the blood out of the boat and got it ready for my friend Tom to arrive - we will fish tomorrow! Then I took a few pictures right around the Lodge!









I have really enjoyed my time here back at the Lodge and just may have to consider another season here next year! We shall see what happens this winter, actually this has been perfect just a short stint, great weather and great fishing and good friends...

Stay tuned for more fishing with my buddy Tommy!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest and Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment