Friday, May 15, 2009

Arrival Ketchikan

Arrived this morning in Ketchikan, the 13th of May, ship touched dock at about 9:30 am, I was all packed and ready to disembark right on time. Had to go to the front desk and check out and then clear US Immigration and Customs...another pain, but they were pleasant and since I was the only one leaving the ship it was pretty uneventful.

Went straight to the office at Yes Bay, then Kris and I headed to the grocery store for supplies, then off the Knudsen Cove marina to meet up with Art and get my boat in the water and head out to the Lodge. It was a little dreary with light rain this morning, the first of my trip. But it soon cleared up as I headed towards Yes Bay.

Very calm and uneventful trip out the 34 miles to the Lodge. Only took me about an hour and a half, was greeted at the dock by everyone at the Lodge. Kevin, Dewey and Kevin's family and all of the dogs!

It was truly like arriving home after a long trip. Gear up to my room and spent the afternoon squaring everything away and realizing a couple things I had forgotten..oh well, that's what post offices and mail order are for!

Busy day tomorrow, the hard winter has taken it's toll on some sections of the Lodge...more on that later...then next few weeks will be some hard labor around here, getting everything ship shape for the incoming crew and guests!

Thanks,

Capt Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment