Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 1 - The day from HELL!!

Well, I hope the trip finishes better than it started.

Yesterday I boarded my flight on AirTran fro Tampa to Atlanta, halfway there we had a mechanical issue and were diverted to Orlando. Missed my connection to Seattle in Atlanta, so they booked me on USAir from Orlando to Philadelphia, just before arrival we were diverted because of weather to Baltimore for fuel...stayed on the plane and waited. Finally Philadelphia opened and we arrived late, but still made my connection to Seattle. Have no idea where my luggage is!! Arrived Seattle at 9:30 PM local time, well past midnight by my body clock...NO LUGGAGE!

Missed my shuttle bus to Vancouver so got a hotel near the Seattle airport in hopes of finding luggage this morning!!

Update later today!! Hopefully with luggage in hand, otherwise it will have to catch up with me in Juneau!! I am going to see about buying some clothes before I board the ship!!

More later, pics to follow on arrival in Vancouver!!

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Jim,
    Say Hi to Gov. Palin in your underware when you get to Juneau!
    John

    ReplyDelete